This is the “Noise vs. Subversive Computing” Project: A collaborative release split between Noise Artists and Computer Hackers. Ten representatives from each camp were asked to contribute a piece of work without any limitation, as long as the result can be represented in binary. The Noise artists had “Subversive Computing” as their central theme, and the hackers worked with “Noise”.
This is the outcome:
0. BBBlood (UK) – Bicep Venoms Gut Virus [AUDIO]
1. Config.sys (DE) – Bit Bucket [AUDIO]
2. Family Battle Snake (DE) – Black Hat [AUDIO]
3. Francisco Lopez (ES) – Untitled 223 [AUDIO]
4. GEN 26 (SI) – Untitled [AUDIO]
5. Hellboy106 (GR) – stgzknmhtrka [IMAGE+AUDIO]
6. ILIOS (GR) – 4000 ĉevaloj kriegas Mi ami Vi [AUDIO]
7. KOMMPOUND (GR) – Softmod Exploit [AUDIO+WORDS]
8. La Jacquerie (IT) – Re: If you’re angry don’t [AUDIO]
9. Sarah’s Charity (DK) – Colour of Clarity [AUDIO]
0. Ach3n0r (GR) – Noise Steganography [SOFTWARE]
1. Ashrae |tosh & KaOS| (BE/DK) – Netglitch [AUDIO+WORDS]
2. E (US) – Sifting through the Noise [WORDS]
3. EK (UK) – Rainbow [AUDIO]
4. G0rg0g0l (GR) – Gorgogoogle: Web, Search, Noise [SOFTWARE]
5. Gorrrrgar (RO) – My kind of Shithole [PHOTOGRAPHY MATRIX+WORDS]
6. Jazra Khaleed (GR) – Noise [POEM]
7. Pascal Cretain (DK) – Information Pollution [VIDEO]
8. Rodrigo Marcos (UK) – MySQL Sounds [VIDEO+SOFTWARE]
9. Stelios Douskos (US) – LawyerFish [SOFTWARE]
The merger is fascinating. The radical thinkers at work in here have the momentum, the mindset and the technical skills to crash Adaptive Firewalls, defy traditional definitions of music, “hack” live performance semantics and bypass Intrusion Detection Systems.
Only this is not Cyberspace. We are subtly injecting polymorphic shellcode into your reality, brainwashing you with white noise and reverse engineering your obsolete modus operandi.
Alas; you can’t pull the plug.
Limited release of 256 Copies in 1GB USB Stick format